An untidy lawn can be an eyesore for your whole neighborhood. Overgrown weeds, uncut grass and spindly shrubs can make any yard look like a jungle.
The following are a few tips to get your lawn looking and staying beautiful.
- Clear the weeds in your yard in order to prepare the soil for the new grass that will be planted.
- According to West Virginia master gardener John Griggs, a step that most gardeners omit or forget about is checking the pH of the soil. The pH of the soil can easily be tested with do-it-yourself test kits.
- After the removal of the weeds and roots, till the soil about six inches deep to improve drainage.
- Complement the soil by adding loam sand.
- Pack down the soil with a roller, and grade with a metal rake.
When planting a new lawn, it’s important that the soil is enriched. This will ultimately affect the way your lawn will look.
Our team of lawn care specialists at TLC Total Lawn Care, LLC is always willing to help you with any questions or projects you might have regarding your lawn. Call our office at 800-796-8087.